Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lewis Preserve

Sue and I hit the trails in one of our favorite spring places. We try to get in a spring trip and then return again every fall.
A new bridge was a pleasant surprise I love the smell of the newly cut logs.
We were soaking up the sun in the upper meadows when this Guy was discovered napping in an old apple tree.
He hung in there for a couple pictures and then we left him undisturbed to continue his sun bath.
There are three wonderful streams that twist and turn through this area which are beautiful to listen to as we enjoy our walk.
The early spring wildflowers were in bloom we couldn't help but notice the showy Purple Trillium's.

We found these Coltsfoot growing in a dried up brook bed, one of the first spring flowers.
This is a dogtooth violet but I like its other name Trout lily, its called that because the mottled leaves resemble a trouts belly


Thanks for checking in, its great to be able to share our trip with you.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Looks like a beautiful place to spend a warm spring day. Your photos of the wildflowers are very sharp and are my favorite of the group. I also enjoyed the one of Sue standing in front of the Lewis Preserve sign. Great memories to add to your collection!

John Batchelder said...

Trout Lily? My kind of flower!

I liked the pictures of Mr. Porcupine. You didn't bag him for a streamside lunch did you?

I can smell those drumsticks now.

I'm glad you are getting out and enjoying the Spring weather!

Phil and Rachel said...

Great Spring photos! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the sights!

Paul Batchelder said...

I do like the river shots..just think of all those fish who lack a proper education...

Tracy Batchelder said...

I really like the porcupine pictures!