Tuesday, April 15, 2008

High Water

Yes even the ducks are having trouble keeping their feet dry as the snow melt brings up lake and river levels to near flood stage.
The marsh offers some quiet and beautiful sights like these reflections.
A muskrat is working the edge of a flooded out field we are both enjoying the sunshine.
Patience has its rewards, This Wild Canada Goose was submerged and I got the shot just as he emerged from the water.
If you ever need to settle an argument about Geese having tounges or not this picture should do the trick.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I especially love the last picture!

Dave said...

Mark,
You always manage to capture wildlife in it's true form. The water flowing from the goose's bill and the tounge shot are my favorites.

John Batchelder said...

Mark
It's nice to see that there is actually ground under all that snow and that Spring has sprung in the north country.

You know which picture is my favorite - the muskrat! I'm looking for my traps and pelt stretcher as we speak.

As for the geese, try to take a gosling away from a nesting pair and see if the myth about them being warm loveable creatures can be broken!
JHB

Paul Batchelder said...

I like the long neck honking!