Sunday, May 18, 2008

Trail Mix

Recent outings on the trails provided the opourtunity to check out for a while and find out what is happening in the natural world.
High water this season has kept some of our favorite spots flooded, but has given us some new looks in familiar places.
Displaced by the high waters many animals were moving outside of their normal range, the tracks that you see here are an indication. I will leave the identification to those leaving comments!


Last year the Apple Blossoms kind of snuck up on me while I was concentrating on other things, this year I made a promise to myself to stay up on them as they developed.




We have seen and enjoyed lots of birds some are local and some just passing through our area. This Northern Flicker is right at home here.



Ducks like this Mallard are paired up and nesting in our valley this time of year.
This shall forever be known as " A SHOT OF WILD TURKEY ON THE ROCKS"



6 comments:

Phil and Rachel said...

What a collection! The Northern Flicker is great. I can almost smell the apple blossoms!

Phil and Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul Batchelder said...

Very nice shots and as always the coments.."Turkey on the rocks" are right on. We are all glad the weather is better so we get to see more pictures!

Dave said...

Mark. Great shots! I enjoyed the effect with the Mallard. I'm not a drinker but love the wild turkey on the rocks photo!! All were enjoyed.

John Batchelder said...

OK

The tracks are of the elusive flying tree beaver, the wooly wompus cat, and of course, Sasquach.

Nice shots brother keep them coming!

Tracy Batchelder said...

The apple blossoms are my favorite!